- What is water hammer and how do I fix it?
- Why am I unable to turn the thermostat handle on my valve?
- How far should I open the service stops on my thermostat valve?
- How does the F962VO valve work?
- How does the Artos F943-VO valve work?
- Why is the diverter handle hard to turn on the Artos F943-VO valve?
- Why is my Artos F943-VO valve leaking from the diverter cartridge?
- How do I troubleshoot my Artos F943-VO valve?
- Why is the water not hot enough from the Artos F904A-VO valve?
- How to install, calibrate, maintain, and service your Artos F904A-VO valve
- How does the Artos F903A-40VO valve work?
- Has the diverter cartridge for the Artos F943-VO valve changed?
- Why are the spindles on the Artos F943-VO valve too long?
- How do I recalibrate my Artos thermostat valve?
- How do I replace the cartridges on my Artos F943-VO valve?
- How do I install an upgrade kit for my Artos F904-VO (pre-2014 model)?
- How do I increase the water temperature on my Artos F904A-VO valve?
- Why has my Artos F904A-VO valve cartridge separated while removing it?
- Can I install my towel dryer with the heating element facing up?
- Can I reposition the heating element from my Artos towel dryer?
- Why is my hydronic towel dryer leaking?
- How do I clean my towel dryer?
- How do I hang towels on my Artos Cadiz towel dryer?
- How long are the mounting brackets for Artos towel dryers?
- How do I top off my fluid-filled towel dryer?
- What are the differences between plug-in and hardwired towel dryers?
- Why do hydronic towel dryers need to be on a closed loop system?
- How hot should my towel dryer get?
- What comes included with my Artos towel dryer?
- What side of Artos towel dryers is the heating element installed on?
- What are Artos towel dryers made of?
- How do I replace the heating element for my Artos towel dryer?
- Why is the timer for my towel dryer not working?
- How do I increase the flow on my Artos F402-2 tub filler?
- Why are open waterfall tub spouts not available in matte black?
- Why does my shower arm escutcheon not fit on the shower arm?
- Why is the spout on my Artos F501-8-1 faucet wobbly or leaking?
- Is a rain showerhead right for me?
- How do I install a shower body jet with a male connection?
- How does the Artos 6" square rain showerhead work?
- How does the Artos 12" square rain showerhead work?
- How does the Artos 6" round rain showerhead work?
- How does the Artos 8" square rain showerhead work?
- How does the Artos 8" round rain showerhead work?
- How does the Artos 10" square rain showerhead work?
- How does the Artos 10" round rain showerhead work?
- How does the Artos multifunction shower head work?
- How do I remove the flow restrictor from my hand held shower or shower head?
- How does the Artos 12" round rain showerhead work?
- How do I replace the cartridge on my Artos F802-2 tub filler?
- How do I install a flow restrictor for my hand shower?
How do I increase the water temperature on my Artos F904A-VO valve?
If there is warm or hot water coming from faucets near the shower system, (or cannot get hot water from hot side of faucet) please check valve as follows:
1. Turn off the service stops and see if this rectifies the problem. If yes, this verifies that it is the shower valve causing the crossover issue
2. Are non-return check valves moving freely? If not, clean or replace
3. Is there debris or mineral build up on the check valve seating? If so, clean carefully to ensure a good seating.
4. If the check valves and seating are ok and there is still cross over occurring, please check the hot and cold pressure. There should be a difference of no more than 20%.
Insufficient hot water
If there is cold water crossing over into hot, please first fix this issue as above.
1. Loosen the set screw on the handle and remove along with the backplate.
2. Then, with the temperature limiting ring removed, rotate spindle on the cartridge counterclockwise as far as possible. The temperature should be max. 120 degrees F. If it is significantly lower, use a 2mm Allen wrench through the end of the cartridge spindle (see attached diagram) and turn counterclockwise to achieve the desired temperature.
Please note, instantaneous water heaters are not recommended for high flow thermostats such as the F904A-VO.