- Why am I unable to turn the thermostat handle on my valve?
- How far should I open the service stops on my thermostat valve?
- How does the F962VO valve work?
- How does the Artos F943-VO valve work?
- Why is the diverter handle hard to turn on the Artos F943-VO valve?
- Why is my Artos F943-VO valve leaking from the diverter cartridge?
- How do I troubleshoot my Artos F943-VO valve?
- Why is the water not hot enough from the Artos F904A-VO valve?
- How does the Artos F903A-40VO valve work?
- Has the diverter cartridge for the Artos F943-VO valve changed?
- Why are the spindles on the Artos F943-VO valve too long?
- How do I recalibrate my Artos thermostat valve?
- How do I replace the cartridges on my Artos F943-VO valve?
- How do I install an upgrade kit for my Artos F904-VO (pre-2014 model)?
- How do I increase the water temperature on my Artos F904A-VO valve?
- Why has my Artos F904A-VO valve cartridge separated while removing it?
- Can I install my towel dryer with the heating element facing up?
- Can I reposition the heating element from my Artos towel dryer?
- Why is my hydronic towel dryer leaking?
- How do I clean my towel dryer?
- How do I hang towels on my Artos Cadiz towel dryer?
- How long are the mounting brackets for Artos towel dryers?
- How do I top off my fluid-filled towel dryer?
- What are the differences between plug-in and hardwired towel dryers?
- Why do hydronic towel dryers need to be on a closed loop system?
- How hot should my towel dryer get?
- What comes included with my Artos towel dryer?
- What side of Artos towel dryers is the heating element installed on?
- What are Artos towel dryers made of?
- How do I replace the heating element for my Artos towel dryer?
- Why is the timer for my towel dryer not working?
- How do I increase the flow on my Artos F402-2 tub filler?
- Why are open waterfall tub spouts not available in matte black?
- Why does my shower arm escutcheon not fit on the shower arm?
- Why is the spout on my Artos F501-8-1 faucet wobbly or leaking?
- Is a rain showerhead right for me?
- How do I install a shower body jet with a male connection?
- How does the Artos 6" square rain showerhead work?
- How does the Artos 12" square rain showerhead work?
- How does the Artos 6" round rain showerhead work?
- How does the Artos 8" square rain showerhead work?
- How does the Artos 8" round rain showerhead work?
- How does the Artos 10" square rain showerhead work?
- How does the Artos 10" round rain showerhead work?
- How does the Artos multifunction shower head work?
- How do I remove the flow restrictor from my hand held shower or shower head?
- How does the Artos 12" round rain showerhead work?
- How do I replace the cartridge on my Artos F802-2 tub filler?
- How do I install a flow restrictor for my hand shower?
How do I clean my matte black fixtures?
Maintaining Your Matte Black Fixtures: A Care Guide
Matte black finishes offer a touch of sophistication and timeless elegance to your bathroom fixtures. To preserve that velvety appearance, here's how you can keep your fixtures looking fresh:
- Avoid Caustic Chemicals: Stay away from harsh chemicals like Limeaway or SoftScrub, as abrasive cleaners can damage the finish.
- Handle with Care: Be cautious while using your faucets to prevent surface damage or scratches, especially from jewelry like rings. Just as a pristine car's finish needs proper care to avoid scratches, your fixtures do too.
- Mild Cleaning Solution: Create a mixture using one part white vinegar, 1.5 to 2 parts warm water, and a generous squirt of Dawn Dish soap. Combine these in a spray bottle for routine cleaning, effectively removing white rings or droplet spots. Gently clean with a soft microfiber cloth using this solution.
Dealing with Water Scale
For more persistent water scale on your shower head, wrap a plastic bag filled with the above solution around the showerhead. Let it sit for a few hours to descale the nozzles and restore the clean black finish. Do not use more vinegar than water when cleaning to prevent the risk of damaging the finish.
Extending Faucet Longevity
Regardless of brand or finish, you can take simple steps to prolong your faucet's life:
- Regular Maintenance: A well-maintained, quality faucet can last 15-25 years. Look out for changes in flow patterns, which might indicate the need for maintenance.
- Adjust for Water Quality: The frequency of maintenance depends on factors like water quality and hardness in your area.
For further assistance or inquiries, don't hesitate to reach out to the Artos support team at email@example.com or (402) 397-3344.
Preserve the allure of your matte black fixtures with these care recommendations and enjoy their lasting beauty in your bathroom.
Continue reading here: How to Improve the Longevity of Your Faucet